Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blog Assignment #3

Peer Editing

Peer Editing is a great way we as future teachers can teach and learn from each other.When I was in middle school we always checked papers and learned from it ,because we wanted a better grade so we wouldn't be embarrassed. I think that staying positive and giving compliments will help the writers confidence , as far as re-writing a good paper. It is motivational for your peers to be able to help you and you help them. I think of it as "free learning" which is what me as a poor college student needs.

There are three steps to peer editing compliments,suggestions, and corrections.Compliments eases the way they receive the critiques.Suggestions give them a better way to view and speak about the subject. Corrections help them have a more successful paper. The peer review mistakes were very funny,kids can be very cruel on how they deliver the message. All those scenarios were something I have encountered over the years.



The Mountbatton Braillewriter

The braillewriter is an awesome machine for the blind.I think this machine is amazing to have in a classroom. It can teach you to read and write braille.I would definitely use this machine in my future classroom.I think it would make students more well-rounded concerning reading.This also will make blind people more comfortable in a class setting.


Assistive Technologies

There are so many different technologies in the world for blind people.It is so many ways to teach blind people different skills and subjects.When I watched the video ,"teaching math to the blind" I thought it was an amazing technique and people with vision can also learn  the same thing. Blind people can do so much more now than twenty years ago and this shows us how fast technology is moving. I would love to learn braille so I would be able to communicate with blind students.

The ipad is another great computerized object that helps the blind with learning.The ipad is great for blind people because it is voice activated.The ipad is operated by a voice telling them how to operate and gives information and instructions about the applications.I think parents do need  to know how to operate the ipad that the child uses,so they can keep up with whats going on.


Digital Smarts

The video "Harness your students,digital smarts" by author Vicki Davis can be found on YouTube. Vicki Davis does the coolcat teacher blog.She teaches her class how to learn new software. While she teaches the kids about software she is constantly learning more about it herself.She also taught them to be comfortable with technology so they can get use to being on computers.

As teachers we have to understand that every child learns different and we should figure out what works for each child.Vicki Davis also wanted her kids to be empowered to share with one another.As technology change we have to change with it in order to stay up to date.In my future class I will ensure that me and my students are current on digital software.

2 comments:

  1. Proofread! In your first two paragraphs you have a space before a comma or a comma without a space after it or a period without a space after it (twice).

    Three more periods without space in paragraph 3; two in paragraph 4; three in paragraph five (and a comma without a space after it); two in paragraph 6 and two in paragraph 7.

    Totals:
    space before comma 1
    comma without a space after it 2
    periods without spaces after them 14

    ..."that me and my students ..." should be that my students and I..."

    If you would just proofread....! In fact, let me put it this way: You MUST proofread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Warnetta! I really enjoyed reading your blog post :) One statement that will definitely stick with me is the one you made in your conclusion. “As teachers we have to understand that every child learns different and we should figure out what works for each child.” I feel like this is an issue future educators need to approach very seriously because there is a chance that some of our students will have learning disabilities. This requires patience and dedication because the last thing these students need is for us to give up. Great post, I look forward to reading more from you this semester! I see that Dr. Strange already pointed out a few errors in spacing, but often certain font can make my word spacing look funny. I usually have to make the font bigger or change it completely to fix this. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete