Thursday, February 7, 2013

Special Blog Post #1

Did You Know?

I was one of the students that misinterpreted the data, but once I went back and paid attention I had a clear understanding. The population in China is 1.34 billion, India is 1.24 billion, and US is only 314.69 million. That's why the percentage is that way, these countries have four times the amount of people. 18 million Chinese speak English and 300 million are learners, which is more people total in the US if all of them learn the language.

WolframAlpha

WolframAlpha can be successful to my students and I. When comparing the states by putting in the information it doesn't take but a second to enter. The results come right up for you to view. If the students are doing in-class reports that reference is great for them because they can find the information instantly.WolframAlpha can be used in any classroom and it will be helpful to many.

Social Media Counts

Gary Hayes is the author of "Social Media Counts" which can found @Garyphayes. The social media count is something that all of us should keep up with, so we can see how rapid things are moving. It shows us things like Ipads and games that are being purchased and used down to the second. These numbers are moving up at an astounding rate. I am glad to know that I can check these numbers whenever I have the need.

As far as my professional career as a teacher I think that I need to keep up with these numbers and stay current. Teachers are going to start teaching these technologies, so they are going to have to keep up with the digital world and how fast it is moving. As a future teacher I need to know and be able to teach my students how to stay current.

No comments:

Post a Comment