Saturday, February 16, 2013

Venspired

Krissy Venosdale is the author of "If I built a School" which can be found on Venspired. Krissy Venosdale is a teacher in Hillsboro School District. "If I Built a School" was a blog post about Venosdale building her dream school. I love all the different ideas, for example: A tree house in the library, cafeteria like a modern coffee house, a science lab with lots of tools, so student can do more than one project a year,and idea paint all over the school. This is somewhere I would love to teach. If I built my own school, I would have computers the kids could talk to instead of having to write down everything. The cafeteria would be buffet style with healthy good foods. The kids would go on virtual field trips, and a special room with 3D learning. I want all my students to be excited about learning.


Virtual Choir

I have never seen a video of people singing online, it was a beautiful performance.This video was inspirational, I feel when people see this they will know how important technology is. These performers were so amazing and they haven't met or ever sang together. the entire performance was put together on the Internet and that makes it unique. Eric Whitacre put this virtual choir together and made beautiful music, with the help of Scott Haynes who was the editor.
http://englishbaroquechoir.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/choir1.gif


Teaching in the 21st Century


Teachers are no longer the main source of knowledge, they are the filter. Teachers show students how to use technology. There are so many questions that can be asked on the Internet, and teachers are there to direct them on how to search for it. Teachers that use all these different technologies or programs are gonna have students who are more comfortable with technology, and they are gonna progress and learn faster. Teachers can figure out how to use and apply technology to every class and subject. We as future teachers need to think of all the possibilities, no matter what tools we use as teachers they need to be relevant, challenging, and engaging. Students need to be engaged because it means they are active learning, they have long-term results, they are applying, and solving problems. I will be affected if I don't stay current.


Flipped Classroom


The flipped classroom approach is amazing, because it gives every student a chance to learn at their own pace. These ideas were created by Dr. Lodge McCammon. I will definitely use this approach in my future classroom. I feel if I use this technique in my class student will become more engaged, because they come into class prepared from the videos and information from the computer that their teacher has posted. I also like how teachers still make a way for student who don't have computers at home.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Warnetta! I love your idea of virtual field trips and having a special 3D learning room. Like you said in this post; engaging the students in activity for better long term results. I also agree with what you said about healthy food in a buffet style for the cafeteria. I do not think a lot of people pay attention to what is being fed to our children. Healthy foods can really make an impact for most children! Don't you think?

    Great Post :)

    Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about no grade levels and advancement based on readiness and abilities? What about the emphasis on creativity and critical thinking?

    Your summaries are very shallow. They need more detail.

    ReplyDelete