Saturday, April 27, 2013

Blog Assignment #14

Teacher Know if You've Done the E-Reading

Adrian Guardia is a Texas A&M instructor who is using the CourseSmart system using e-textbooks. Students use digital textbooks so that teachers can track if they are really reading. They are able to observe if the students are taking notes or highlighting. Some students don't really learn the lesson, they  just cram it all in the night before. This digital device can help students get into a routine of actually reading the material given. This system has been tested by many and it is considered to be the most successful.


Point of View

As a future teacher, I really enjoy the idea of knowing if the students actually read or not. I believe that because the kids know they will be more cautious and actually read the book. I think that all of the kids who do care will actually do what they have to do to pass the class. That will be motivation for the students to get the work done and understand what they have completed, instead of just reciting the information. I feel that technology is very useful in the classroom, kids are learning how to use it rapidly. It is my duty to learn how to to use it and teach it.


As A Student

Viewing through a students eyes I would be very upset that my teacher could keep track on how I study the material. I wouldn't want my teacher to be able to invade my privacy. Teachers should not be able to control what I do outside the classroom. Students should be able to decide whether or not they want their teacher to be able to keep track of how they study or just read. Students have a right as well as a teacher.


Questions for Teacher

1. What is an easy way to begin students on the e-textbook?
2.What are some good reasons for teachers to use this program?
3. Have you personally saw an improvement in your students while using this program?
4. Do you think it is motivational for students to read?


Questions for Students

1. Do you think e-textbook is motivation for you to read?
2. Do you think your instructor should know when and how you study?
3. What are some positive and negative reasons for using this program?


Comment

This program has its pros and cons, there are some good reasons and bad reasons for this e-textbook.

1 comment:

  1. Warnetta,

    I enjoyed your blog post. Continue to work hard. Good luck with the rest of your semester.

    John Carpenter

    ReplyDelete